Monday, January 4, 2010

Cooking with Kids: White Pizza!




This is one of our family's "to-die-for" recipes. White Pizza!

2 pizza crusts

4 c chopped cooked chicken breast meat (put on crusts)

4 T butter melted
2 T olive oil
6 T minced garlic
4 T sun-dried tomato pesto
2 t dried basil
2 t oregano
2 T Parmesan cheese
2 c Alfredo

(Mix together and pour over chicken.)

2 tomatoes sliced
8 oz feta

(Top over Alfredo mix.)

375 degrees for 10-15 minutes

And Lydia (12) is learning to make this recipe. She will make it once a month for six months. Hopefully by the end of the six months she'll be able to do it all by herself without me overseeing it. Every Monday she's making one of four recipes she'll make every month for six months. Each child has his own day in the kitchen, and Peter (11) is learning four recipes as well. Micah (9) is only learning one recipe, and that is to pour a bottle of barbecue sauce over some chicken breasts and bake them. Part of the reason I assign a different child to each day is that they all like to cook and they all want to help. This way I don't have five children reaching around me and smothering me while I try to work in the kitchen. The other reason is it gives me time to work one-on-one with each child and I like that!

3 comments:

  1. i DID make it this week and it was even better than it looked! next time i'm going to try it as a pasta dish. i thought the sauce would be good w/chicken and pasta. i've never used sundried tom pesto and was a bit hesitant to buy it b/c it was pretty $$ (for such a small jar) but OH MY GOODNESS was it so worth it.

    Share more recipes, please. i'm in need of new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to buy Classico but I can't find it anywhere! This last time I made it I bought the Classico jar of regular pesto and a jar of roasted red peppers and whirled them in the food processor to get the same effect. It was pretty close. I'm so glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete