Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday #5 Colette


Today we celebrated Colette's birthday with a pink horse cake. Tomorrow she gets her first birthday party. I only do parties for the kids when they turn 5, 10, 15, and maybe 20. A formula is sort of developing: party #5 gets a pinata, party #10 is an overnight. I'm thinking about making party #15 something of a rite-of-passage event, acknowledging the son or daughter moving into manhood or womanhood. Today I just enjoy my little girl. She's cute and sweet, and easy to please.

3 comments:

  1. HEY, we do birthday parties for derivatives of 5, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! 5 is fun! Hope the party is the best. We start at 5 and do them every other year (friend parties). But, since we are in "odd" years, not sure if I will switch that so we can then have 10,12,14,etc...Emma turns 10 this month so I may change that soon. I really should decide on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth,
    I can't believe Collette is Five! Where have the years gone?

    We decided we'd do big birthdays at 6, 10 and 13. It's nice to know great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete