Friday, August 28, 2009

"Business" cards

Now that my sweet husband has created business cards for me that include a blogspot url, I guess I better think up something to say and start posting! I've wanted business cards for some time now because people I often have people ask me for info on homeschooling or leads on how to help a hearing impaired child get help (therapy, etc). So now I have these cute little cards with web sites on them like www.YouCanHomeschool.org and www.HearIndiana.org.

I get a lot more inquiries about homeschooling, of course, but enough deaf ed questions to merit including links on my cards.

My creative husband coined a new term Hear Indiana is using: Doing Deaf Differently. That's what we're doing! We're giving our kids the opportunity to live independently, not depending on an interpreter for everything--especially in those critical moments of danger. (We also recognize we need some sign language at the pool, in the morning before the equipment is turned on, and so forth.) We like English. We like French. We like Latin. We like ASL. We're doing deaf differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment